Previously it was a regular sight to notice the creme de la creme of the fashion industry seated in the front rows at the shows, from magazine editors to famous bloggers. While that trend continues, an addition to the forefront is a flock of celebrities. As New York Fashion Week is upon us, stylish celebrities have been spotted showing support to their designer friends. Track who’s where at the New York shows…
1. Kanye West showed his new collection in collaboration with Adidas on Thursday, where we saw Beyoncé, Jay Z, Big Sean, Rihanna, and off course Kanye’s wife, Kim Kardashian, dressed in the new collection from head to toe, and their 1-year old daughter, North.
2. Can you believe Blake Lively just had a baby? The gorgeous mommy was spotted at the Gabriela Cadena fashion show dressed in a demure zipper dress and oversized blazer. Blake really channels a sense of nouveau-chic, as she plays around with her sartorial choices.
3. At the Victoria Beckham show we spotted the Beckham Brood in the front row sitting next to Anna Wintour. Seated beside their father, David, at mom Victoria’s collection this morning, the couple’s three sons—Romeo, Brooklyn, and Cruz—proved that they inherited their famous father’s hairstyle, with their matching, perfectly styled outfits. But it was three-year-old Harper’s long, straight hair that really stole the show. Wintour surely seems amused.
4. In case you doubted that the nineties are back in a big way, Mary J. Blige was seen on the front row at Public School’s fall 2015. Dressed in a chinchilla coat and topped off by a black fedora, it was just enough nineties flash to get us feeling warm and cozy again.
5. Joe Jonas shows us how to pull off laid-back chic as younger music artists make their presence felt at the shows. He attended the Lacoste fall/winter 2015 show dressed in simple jeans and tee combination.
6. Justin Bieber surprised fans with a new hairstyle at New York Fashion Week on Thursday. The singer showed off longer honey-hued locks, which he wore slicked back for his appearance at the launch of Kanye West’s Yeezy Boost collection for Adidas. Clad in a fiery red biker jacket the singer surely seems to be going through an edgy fashion phase. He was spotted with runway prodigy Kendal Jenner who looked svelte in an all-black ensemble.
7. At the Alexander Wang show, Nicki Minaj is spotted in the front row befriending North West. Looking like a Couture Bratz Dollz, they were probably admiring each other’s outfits.
8. Naomi Campbell and Sarah Jessica Parker attend the opening party of the new flagship Fendi store in New York during the New York Fashion Week. Parker looked extremely stylish with her androgynous outfit and no-nonsense hair. Both ladies sported eye-catching purses from the brand.
This is just the beginning. To continue tracking who’s where at NYFW visit: http://pagesix.com/2015/02/13/front-row-fashionistas-celebs-spotted-at-new-york-fashion-week/#1
Written By: Nadine Fakih