3 Christmas dessert recipes for Dummies
We are here to help you get through the holidays. Particularly with that feeling you get when you suddenly realize you need to cook something for those Christmas/holiday parties. You don’t need to worry about it anymore!
A few basic ingredients and simple instructions will help make a good impression on your hosts if you have to bring a home made dish for Christmas. These simple recipes and tasty desserts will make it look like you’ve put a lot of effort in!
1. Carrot or Pumpkin Cake
Easy to make and always a favorite!
•2 cups all purpose flour (you can swap half out for whole wheat flour if you like)
•1.5 cups sugar
•1 tsp baking powder
•1 tsp baking soda
•1 tsp salt
•1 tsp cinnamon
•3 cups grated carrots or pumpkin
•1 cup vegetable oil
1. Pre-heat oven to 325ºF
2. Stir dry ingredients together, and add carrots the pumking , oil and eggs.
3. Beat on high with electric beaters, for 2 minutes.
4. Bake at 325ºF for 50-60 minutes (check for doneness at 50 mins)
If you want icing:
- Beat cream cheese, butter and vanilla with electric beaters until well-blended.
- Gradually add icing sugar ½ cup at a time, and beat until smooth and creamy.
- Slather on top of cooled cake.
Tasty made a different type of cake watch it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrCp6PVaadM
2. Grinch Cookies
For those who just think the holidays are overrated, then you should check out these grinch like cookies that scream, “Is it over yet?” Find below the recipe for the “Grinch Cookies” and make a statement.
•1 Box Vanilla Cake Mix
•1 Stick Unsalted Butter, softened
•1 Tablespoon Canola Oil
•2 Eggs, Room Temperature
•1 Cup Powdered Sugar
•1 Cup Corn Starch
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Mix the butter, cake mix, oil and eggs together. (the batter will be thick).
3. Stir green food coloring to get the Grinch green (about 5 drops).
4. Pick up the dough and roll into a ball and place on cookie sheet.
5. Bake at 375 degrees for 8-10 minutes or until they puff up.
3. Gingerbread Cheesecake Dip
If you’re too afraid of the oven and want something different here it is:
•1 8-ounce package cream cheese, softened
•¼ cup brown sugar
•¼ cup powdered sugar, sifted
•3 Tablespoons molasses
•1 teaspoon ground ginger
•1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
•4 oz Cool Whip (or 1½ cups freshly whipped cream)
1. Beat the cream cheese until smooth, about 1 minute.
2. Pour in the sugars and molasses and beat on medium speed until smooth and combined, about 1 minute.
3. Next add the ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg and mix until combined.
4. Finally, add the Cool Whip and beat until combined, about 30 seconds.
5. Transfer dip to a serving bowl and chill until ready to serve.
By Paula R. Sierra