Riccardo Tisci and the Future of Givenchy
One name that comes to our mind when we think about the French fashion house Givenchy is none other than Riccardo Tisci and his outstanding contribution to the house. After graduating from London’s Central Saint Martins in 1999, Tisci worked for several brands including Puma. In 2005, Riccardo was appointed as the creative director of the Haute Couture, Ready-To-Wear and the accessories lines at Givenchy. He presented his first collection in July 2005 during the Haute Couture Fashion Week in Paris. Let’s take a look at his best ever contributions to the house of Givenchy.
1. Infusion of Streetwear – For a glamorous and a Haute Couture label like Givenchy, Tisci revived the house with a new generation of consumers by the infusion of streetwear.
3. Cult Item – During his tenure at Givenchy, the Rottweiler T-shirts from Autumn/Winter 2012 became a cult item.
4. First Designer to promote a diverse range of Women – Tisci was the first designer to promote women of any age, race, gender to wear his clothes. For instance he cast a transgender model, Lea T, in Autumn/Winter 2010.
5. Democratic Muses – He was the first designer to endorse reality TV star Kim Kardashian and designed her wedding gown in 2015.
6. Red Carpet Favourite – Ricardo Tisci is an absolute red carpet savvy designer with the celebrities such as Beyoncé, Kim Kardashian, Cate Blanchett, Juliane Moore, Julia Roberts and the list is endless for events like The Golden Globe Awards, MET GALA, Cannes Film Festival, Grammy Awards and The Oscars.
Keeping in mind the phenomenal contributions to the house of Givenchy by Tisci, we can only hope that he will continue to surprise us with his creations in the future. He could even reshape the image of Versace – as there is enough speculation about Tisci joining this brand! His friendly relationship with Donatella Versace could lead him to a collaboration, one that could go even further than the Givenchy campaign in 2015 when Donatella was the face of Givenchy.
By Deblina Das