Get ready for the Fête de la Musique 2017
Summertime is festival time! Especially when your city turns into a huge cultural playground for a day. On the 21st of June, the official start to summer, the streets and bars of cities all over the world become the venue for a grand festival of different music styles. Interestingly, the ‘Fête de la musique‘ originates in France, as it was initiated by the Ministry of Culture. The best thing about it: you can attend the concerts of this 36th edition for free!
Wherever you live, you can easily find all the venues on the official map – or search by music styles. From pop or funk, folk to classical music, you can find almost everything.
Among the over 60 events in Paris, here are our top tips:
– The Pub Irish Corner attracts Parisians and interested listeners to a rock and funk night starting at 7.30pm. (Pub Irish Corner Paris Nation: 26 Place de la Nation, 75012 Paris)
– For less of a party vibe, a choir showcases its repertoire including Schumann. The concert starts at 8.30pm. (Salle des concerts – Cité de la musique: 221 avenue Jean Jaurès, 75019 Paris)
– If you are interested in Parisian songs and particularly compositions from Montmatre, another choir will entertain you on-site from 7.30pm to 8.30pm. (Montmartre: 49 rue Lamarck, 75018 Paris)
– The best get-togethers often take place on the street. Accompanied by reggae sounds, rue de la Coutellerie turns into an evening street party from 6pm until early morning. (Le Coupe-Gorge: 2 rue de la Coutellerie, 75004, Paris)
– All the electronic music lovers out there should head to Versailles. The show, ‘Mix in Town’ will give you dubstep, hardcore and drumm’n bass beats starting from 6pm. (Le Jardin des Etangs Gobert, 78000 Versailles, Passage des Etang Gobert, Yvelines)
To get the most out of this night, we plan on drifting through the city and following our ears. Let us know where you’ll be celebrating this iconic music festival, and don’t forget the motto: ‘Faites de la musique, Fête de la Musique’!
By Vivien Gilow
Images via France.fr, Fête de la musique, Culturebox, Apéro du jeudi.